Saturday, November 3, 2007

Second Strongest Argument

My second strongest argument is that Bode Miller has an admirable attitude about ski racing. His morals are incomparable to those of other athletes. I feel that as a racer I when I look up to Bode I gain confidence in myself that I don't gain when I look up to other ski racers. When I look up to Bode I feel like I can win, without thinking about actually winning. All I do is think to myself if I do my best and reach the highest speed possible, I will be satisfied with my performance. There is nothing worse then crossing the finishline and looking at your time and thinking that you didnt do your personal best. I know when I feel that I haven't done my personal best it is becuase all I was thinking about at the "start" was that I would like to be on that podium at the end of today. I think that it is very admiarable that Bode Miller can make me think differently about the sport and the outcome of it at the end of the day. Millers attitude about his racing career is summed up when he says, " I am not trying to win a gold medal, that's for people trying to prove themselves, and I've never tried to probe myseld to anyone. What I'm trying to do is go fast. A lot of racers do everything right except go fast. That's because they are trying to win medals." The sport makes him exceptionally happy. "If you guys were my family or friends, or could hang out with me while I was skiing down the race course, you'd see an exceptionally happy person." This shows that the way he races not worrying about the outcome just about having fin is truly the key to the sport. Miller is a cultivating image that all ski racers, including myself dream to achieve the skiing ability that he has. Bode skiis hard, plays hard and sometimes falls hard. These are the three ingredients to being the racer that has an admirable attitude. I believe that without Miller in the ski racing world many racers would be altogether to caught up in the outcome, for instance landing on the podium or making finals. With Miller as a role model that has an admirable attitude about skiing it opens up a new window of not only caring about winning but also about doing your personal best.

No comments: